Vehicle Engineer / Project Engineer - 34613
Vehicle Engineer / Project Engineer - 34613 - up to £25.93/hr - Special Vehicle Operations
The Vehicle Engineer/Project Engineer: Armour role is key to supporting the SVO Armour programme delivery, ensuring final product integration and sign-off meet or exceed the needs of the customer. This role reports to SVO Vehicle Engineering Manager.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
It is essential that the individual has worked in an engineering delivery role, ideally with whole vehicle experience.
Excellent communication skills: Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential.
High drive, self motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Chairing all programme technical issues reviews, and resolving attribute trades to deliver a balanced customer proposition.
- Monitor delivery of robust geometric and non-geometric data, to support virtual series test plans, and report out progress through gateways.
- Creation of physical vehicle test plans, and subsequent management of test & development fleet activities.
- Competitor benchmarking activities, including static and driven vehicle assessments.
- Driving and reporting engineering sign off through RMDV² .
- Supporting engineering teams with issue resolution, ensuring engagement from cross-functional teams to resolve critical issues.
- Ensure all appropriate standards are met throughout design maturation.
- Key interface with VET team to ensure products meet Statement of Intent through to Job#1.
- Chair VIT meetings, AIMS resolution and be a driving presence in PST meetings for VE deliverables.
- Prototype fleet definition / definition of prototype's specification in order to deliver DV plan.
- Hands on contribution to the unique specification, design and assembly of mule, prototype & show vehicles.
Preferably a degree in an Engineering subject or HNC/HND with significant experience. Minimum 2 years experience of working in a similar role within the automotive, or a related, industry, with a demonstrable track record of delivery.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960521382