Accountant (Maternity Cover)
Workforce Staffing Ltd is a recruitment group based south of Birmingham.
We are looking for an Accountant to cover Maternity Leave commencing June 2018 for an initial period of 9-12 months.
The hours for this role are:
Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 17:30
Friday 08:30 to 17:00
This is a full-time position and the role is primarily technical, suiting either a newly qualified, or recently qualified, accountant.
Strong Excel skills are essential.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for 3 companies. Posting month end journals, prepayments, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, payroll journals, margin analysis, intercompany accounts. Pull together into P&L and B/S format for review with Financial Director
- Review of accounts and investigation of variances with Financial Director - production of monthly Management Report
- Oversee completion of monthly factoring reconciliations, review and online submission by the deadline
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and liaison with the Auditors
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of annual Group Consolidation
- Weekly and monthly sales/margin reporting
- Development of existing monthly financial reporting pack
- Preparation of annual financial budgets and quarterly flexed sales budgets
- Support the business with ad-hoc finance enquiries and reporting requests
Additional responsibilities to be added for a full-time candidate (the current Accountant is currently part-time)
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Qualified accountant with up to 2 years PQE and with experience of group consolidations
- Management Accounting experience
- Highly refined analytical skills to quickly review and analyse business processes
Good IT skills and experience of financial models - Excel skills are crucial to this role (pivot tables/vlookups/if statements)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960519334