Electronics / Hardware Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a self-motivated, methodical and enthusiastic Embedded Electronics Development Engineer to work within a multi-disciplined product development team. The role involves maintaining, expanding and enhancing the product range, supporting manufacturing operations, liaising with suppliers and assisting the sales team when applicable. While based in the UK, the role will also involve projects that are nationally and internationally driven. Activities will be primarily concerned with the design and maintenance of low-to-mid volume, high-reliability control electronics applicable to the operation of advanced industrial vending systems.
- Development of new products throughout their lifecycle from concept to prototype, release and ongoing life-time maintenance.
- Development of production documentation (Bill of Materials, assembly instructions, technical maintenance documentation etc)
- Testing and debugging of new and existing products.
- Managing product Compliance documentation and liaising with Third Party Testing vendors.
- Providing technical assistance to production personnel to ensure consistent and reliable manufacturing of product.
- Providing technical advice to Support Technicians.
Registered in England 3495308
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
* Advanced skills in the:
o Design of digital circuit schematics, including component selection & sourcing.
o Design of PCB layouts
o Programming of embedded microprocessors using C, C++ for PIC microprocessors or similar.
* Practical experience of electronics development for commercial applications.
* BEng qualified in Electronic Engineering or equivalent relevant industrial experience.
* Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio and similar.
* Excellent project management and communication skills.
* Knowledge of digital and analogue circuit analysis equipment and techniques.
* Experience in testing and compliance procedures for CE/UL and similar national certification processes would be beneficial.
o Capable of identifying creative solutions to diverse and complex problems.
o Ability to act rationally under pressure, with a practical hands-on approach to problem solving.
o Willingness to adapt to changing environment and new challenges.
o Plan, organise and coordinate assigned tasks to ensure accomplishment of financial/budgetary/strategic goals.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960520993