SF Group are currently recruiting for a Menswear Buyer for a leading retail/fashion business in South Birmingham. The role is permanent paying £30,000 - £40,000 + Car DOE.
In line with Retail Division strategy developed by the Menswear Controller, select and buy seasonal and core Menswear ranges for Retail Division stores from both relevant brands, and own label ranges.
- Negotiate best possible prices for members in order to increase their profitability. Including promotional merchandise. Maintaining good relationships with suppliers to ensure support and cooperation
- Discuss proposed Retail Division budgets with the Menswear Controller together with end of season analysis from product reviews, brand analysis and end of season mark down to ensure a clear buying strategy for each member store is agreed
- Liaise with the Retail Division Merchandiser to ensure all processes are maintained and improved where possible
- Undertake regular member store visits to understand their requirements and the customer and build a strong relationship with both Principals and Menswear Managers in the store
Experienced Menswear Buyer (or Junior Buyer looking for the next step) of both brands and own label with an exceptional commercial eye for product.
- Strong commercial awareness and experience of Menswear product with a thorough understanding of the target customers. Experience of branded Menswear would be advantageous
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels internally and externally
- Collaborative in approach with honed skills in building relationships
- Creative with the ability to think outside the box - excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional negotiation, presentation and influencing skills
- A strong and reliable team player
- Computer literacy including competence in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word