Permanent: Design Manager
Salary C £45,300 - £55,150 plus Car Allowance, Private Health, Pension
Location: Site / Office based role – Birmingham
Our client is a privately owned construction contractor with an excellent reputation throughout the Construction Industry. Working in various sectors including Distribution, Health, Education, Retail Build and interior fit out.
We are resourcing a Design Manager to lead a small team on a major health project.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience within a similar size or larger contractor.
- Proven work history working with a main contractor or experience with a consultant practice working on contractor lead projects.
- Experience within healthcare projects is essential.
- Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Membership of professional body is preferable.
- Substantial creative or analytical ability.
- Ensuring timely and coordinated development of the design process.
- Ensuring designs are in accordance with the contract.
- Preparing design management plans to identify the scope and requirements for the delivery of designs.
- Coordinate with design and construction teams.
- Ensure work progresses in adherence with company policies.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting including risks and progress.
- Accountable for the performance of a significant project or several projects.
- Provide guidance and expertise to the project team in respect of design related issues.
- Profitable execution and delivery of a project.
- Negotiation of suitable amendments to mitigate risks.
- Ensure documents are in place for consultants and sub-contractor designers.
- Production and distribution of design information.
- Ensure design information is reviewed and commented upon.
- Evaluate the performance of all designers.
- Participate actively and constructively in project reviews.
- Managing the change management process.
Our client offers a fantastic working environment and a competitive salary up to £55k depending on experience, along with an excellent benefits package to include Pension, up to 8k car allowance & private health care.
For the opportunity to join this forward thinking contractor, please forward your CV with salary expectations & availability to Thomas Randell.
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position
- Successful candidates will be contacted within 3 working days.
Why not head over to our jobs page to view our other management vacancies Simon Nicholas Associates are resourcing for.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,300.00 to £55,150.00 /year
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960521040