£35,000 - £38,000 (£45k OTE)
Company Car/Laptop/Mobile Phone
External Sales Engineer/Field Sales Engineer required to work for well-established company, trading in 70 countries worldwide, represented by more than 6,700 employees. They have grown over 49 years but have kept the flexibility and individuality of a small enterprise. They are specialist of Electrical Sensor products serving industries including Automotive, Food, Steel and Metal.
As the Sales Engineer you will be required to be visiting customers out on the road at least 4 days a week. You will be growing existing customer accounts and targeted on new business sales. You will need to be able to identify new market opportunities and potential new customers for long term business growth and look for opportunities to expand and develop existing customers. You will be Identifying new business opportunities and industries to sell to and grow the existing customer base by proactively building business through leads for new customers. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar field based sales role and hold a qualification in electronic engineering.
Sales Engineer Responsibilities;
- Conduct f2f meetings with potential new customers and close sales f2f
- Carry out product demonstrations at customer visits
- Maintain and grow existing customer sales
- Achieve sales targets set out within the territory
- Generate a stable growing customer base by cross selling products
- Increase contacts and leads with key customer accounts
- Maintain good working relationship with contacts
- Ensure growth is achieved through a combination of increasing existing business & developing new business
- Ensure visit reports are submitted weekly
Qualifications and Skills Required;
- It is essential that you have a relevant technical qualification (preferably to a minimum of ONC/HND or equivalent or a proven qualification by experience).
- Exposure in sensor technology in industrial automation would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate sales experience gained within business to business environment
- Experience working within a field based sales role or similar
- Can demonstrate fluent ability to build rapport with customers quickly and in a professional and courteous manner
- Self-management and self-motivation skills needed, ability to work on own initiative, excellent communication skills and a positive can-do attitude.
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for sales and manufacturing staff, recruiting UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960520787