Part Time Administrator
BCA operates the largest used-vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations, selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum. BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year as it provides services along the vehicle life cycle from port to dealerships for new vehicles to refurbishment and logistics for used vehicles and the core re-marketing and auction operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join British Car Auctions, a fast paced company that really values your skills and hard work - a chance to work for the BCA Administration Team, a positive and focused team working for Europe’s largest vehicle remarketing company.
Main purpose of job:
To collect payments and issue relevant documentation to customers in the Counter area and to ensure all pre and post-sale information is updated accurately.
- Monitor and ensure all vehicle information input is accurate and that registration and lot numbers match.
- Ensure that all sale day processing is conducted in line with company procedures.
- Take payments in the counter area to ensure that vehicles purchased are correctly processed.
- Provide an excellent face-to-face front of house and telephone service to customers.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is correctly sorted and distributed at end of sale.
- Action any issues, queries or complaints arising so that any problems are resolved, in a timely fashion, to all parties’ satisfaction as far as is reasonably practicable. Escalate any complex issues to the relevant manager.
- Undertake cross-functional tasks within the business administration department as necessary to meet operational requirements.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development.
The working hours of the position will vary according to auction times, sale days and other requirements of the business. A flexible approach to hours of work is, therefore, needed.
Monday - Thursday
08.30am - 17.30pm
High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
Customer Service background
Able to work in a busy fast-paced office
Able to work to tight deadlines
Working for BCA
We have been bringing together buyers and sellers for nearly 70 years. Starting in 1946 as Southern Counties Car Auctions, we were one of the first companies to let people across the UK buy and sell a wide range of cars at auction, from budget run-arounds to exotic imports.
Working for BCA you will receive;
Subsidised onsite restaurant
Staff reward scheme and discounts
Company pension scheme
If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now!