Interim Senior Tax Accountant
This role is primarily responsible for the preparation of the UK corporation tax computations and returns for several companies, liaising with HM Revenue and Customs with regards any enquiries into these companies and preparing tax calculations for statutory accounts purposes as well as quarterly and year end reporting. It will include discussing and agreeing tax treatment adopted for statutory accounts and reporting purposes with auditors as well as analysing the tax implications for the business of any legislative changes.
In addition, the role will be responsible for assisting the Senior Direct Taxes Manager in delivering key tax projects and advising the business with regards investment proposals and any ad hoc corporation tax queries. The role will focus on particular businesses within E.ON UK and the post holder will gain a good understanding of those businesses as part of their work.
What we need from you
- Technically strong, with a sound knowledge of UK corporation tax and general corporate tax principles
- Relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience.
- Strong Organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to complete Corporation tax computations to submission and address HMRC and Internal Stakeholder queries/correspondence.
It would be great if you had
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office software and tax software
- Drive and perseverance
- Proactively manage key tax processes
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders
This role is based in Coventry.
This is an FTC for 12 months.
Due to the nature of this role a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check may be required.
For more information on reasonable adjustments click here.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 40,000 colleagues in 13 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks, renewable energies and customer solutions.
E.ON Power Plants Belgium bvba, a subsidiary of E.ON Energy Projects GmbH, is responsible for the sector industrial co-generation for industrial clients in Belgium. The core business encompasses the development, realization and operation of cogeneration plants.