We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Category Manager to lead on the development of procurement plans and strategies for key areas of non-pay expenditure, based in our Coventry Head Office. This is a full time permanent position and you will be rewarded with a salary of £35,000 per annum.
This Category Manager post will be part of the Corporate Resources Directorate reporting to the Procurement Manager, and within this role you will maximise the value for money obtained in the acquisition of goods and services through sustainable, efficient and effective practices.
Title: Category Manager
Location: Extracare Head Office, 7 Harry Weston Road, Binley Business Park, Coventry CV3 2SN
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Your main responsibilities as our Category Manager will include:
- To proactively seek out opportunities to improve services and deliver efficiencies across the organization.
- Managing and developing procurement strategies for a number of procurement categories, undertaking category analysis and offering innovative solutions.
- Leading the full range of procurement support for the category including contracts specification, tendering, evaluation and advice to relevant staff, leading contract management, strategic projects, training and other support as required.
- To ensure that all procurement processes comply with EU procurement law and ExtraCare policy.
- To work closely with relevant staff to promote good purchasing practice.
- Build relationships, understand customer needs and develop a future view of requirements with alternative sourcing strategies.
- Develop and maintain effective supplier relationship management with key suppliers to manage risks, innovate and negotiate further savings.
The successful Category Manager will be based at our Head Office in Coventry, but may be required to travel between our other locations when necessary.
Our Category Manager will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- MCIPS Qualified
- Significant procurement experience in a complex environment
- Thorough knowledge of E.U. procurement legislation
- Ability to develop tender documentation and analyse all aspects of tender bids effectively
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems, flexible and responsive
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A sound understanding of standard contract terms and cost analysis/financial principles
ExtraCare is a registered charity established in 1988 and based in Coventry. Our vision is better lives for older people and our mission is creating sustainable communities that provide homes older people want, lifestyles they can enjoy and care if it’s needed. To deliver our vision and mission we essentially do three things:
- We develop new villages
- We operate villages and schemes
- We support our villages, schemes and our ‘extra-care’ model through fundraising, advocacy and research
Each village or scheme has 5 to 18 social, health and leisure facilities that are accessible to our residents, volunteers and local people representing all age groups living in surrounding communities. Our Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living at our each of our location.
If you have the skills and experience required to join us as our Category Manager then apply today!
We look forward to receiving your application.