Deputy Schools Finance Team Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for a Deputy Schools Finance Team Manager to join our busy schools finance team.
As Deputy Schools Finance Team Manager, you will:
- Take a lead role in ensuring that all corporate financial requirements are delivered throughout the financial cycle, ensuring that budget setting, forecasting, final accounts and government returns meet a consistent minimum standard.
- Have responsibility for a portfolio of schools, supporting and advising a range of stakeholders with their financial matters.
- Support the Team Manager with service delivery and development, analysis and financial evaluation of Directorate proposals and projects.
You will have:
- Full Membership of the MAAT (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a school, local authority finance team, or similar finance environment.
- Excellent technical accounting skills including experience of annual budgets, year end forecasts and close down of accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
In return we can offer a challenging and varied role, and provide the opportunity to have a direct impact on the quality of education provided in the schools in your portfolio.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme - a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card
- As this is an essential car user post you will be entitled to car parking and a mileage rate of 45p per mile.
To apply please visit our website.
If you would like an informal chat about this role, please contact Linda Sheridan.
Interview Date: w/c 7th May 2018