Power Electronics Engineer
We have a brand new and exclusive position for a versatile and very capable Electronics Design Engineer with particular skills in Power Electronics, to join a Warwickshire based high tech scientific instrumentation company. Working in a small multi-disciplined team, the Electronics Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of electronic control systems design but act as lead Engineer on the Power Electronics side, owning the design from concept right through to transfer to manufacture.
The Electronics Engineer will need a broad spread of electronics hardware design skills gained through a track record of developing technically sound solutions for real-world commercial/industrial products. This should include circuit level analogue & digital electronics design, PCB layouts and embedded control software in addition to key skills in power electronics such as high & low-voltage PSU's, DC-DC Converters, Inverters and power switching gate arrays.
You will also need experience in systems analysis, design specification, circuit simulation, rapid prototyping, design verification & test using tools such as Matlab, Simulink and DOORS.
In return, the company offer a superb working environment and fascinating projects plus a highly attractive financial package. They also actively encourage personal development with excellent career development prospects and, of course, the job satisfaction of seeing your designs made into real world class products!
To be considered for the role of Electronics Engineer / Power Electronics Engineer you will need:
- A good BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Electronics Engineering (or possibly Applied Physics or other closely related subject)
- Experience of developing electronic products for commercial/scientific/industrial use.
- High level of expertise in Power Electronics covering all aspects of power supply design -high and low voltage PSU's , high and low power DC-DC Converters, Inverters, gate arrays, etc
- Broad skills in digital electronics using FPGA's, discrete logic, embedded control software, etc
- Ideally, some analog electronics design -signal conditioning, sensors, interfacing, etc
- Ideally experience of Project Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commercial awareness -this role will involve regular contact with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers
Job Title: Electronics Engineer ( Power Electronics )
Salary: Excellent - as a guide c£45k + bonus and extensive benefits.
Vacancy location: Warwickshire ( M1/M6 Corridor)
For more about this exclusive opportunity please contact Adam Shortland at Vector Recruitment