Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager residing in or around the Midlands area for a well-respected and expanding ingredients and flavourings of foods manufacturer with a £60k - £75k basic salary plus a generous commission plan, excellent benefits and career opportunities.
Our client is a well-respected and expanding ingredients and flavourings of foods manufacturer who is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to sell their products throughout the whole of the UK to Food Manufacturers. The ideal candidate will reside in the Midlands (Birmingham Coventry Derby Leicester Mansfield Northampton Nottingham Peterborough Stoke Worcester) area, however homebased elsewhere in the UK will be considered.
The purpose and remit of the Business Development Manager - Food Ingredients & Flavourings role: -
• Selling ingredients and flavourings to food manufacturers across the UK.
• Identifying opportunities in the territory, taking the opportunity from initial contact to negotiating and closing the sale.
• Ensuring contact is made at senior level with key decision makers and that our client is considered for contracts.
• Building a sales pipeline of new business opportunities to ensure the sales target will be met for the year.
The Business Development Manager - Food Ingredients & Flavourings experience and qualifications: -
• Minimum 5 years of related sales experience within the food ingredient and / or specialty chemical industry or dairy industry.
• Solid knowledge of the ingredients and flavouring marketplace / industry.
• Commercially astute with ability to identify potential business opportunities.
* Ideally has contacts with end user clients.
• Capable sales professional with the will to win, who is tenacious especially when dealing with longer sales cycles.
• Experience selling "value added" product lines and / or time spent in technical role would be advantageous but not essential.
• Confident personality and able to communicate and present solutions with the ability to negotiate and close sales.
• Computer literate, well organised, excellent customer facing and communications skills (verbal and written) and able to prioritise and deliver sales results.
• Overall professional stature with the ability to gain respect and win confidence of others.
• Ability to create solutions and solve problems (Creativity / innovation).
• Adaptability and persistence combined with the ability to work within the structure and requirements of the business.
• Willingness to travel throughout the UK.
• Resides in the Midlands (Birmingham Coventry Derby Leicester Mansfield Northampton Nottingham Peterborough Stoke Worcester) area.
In return, the Business Development Manager - Food Ingredients & Flavourings will receive an excellent remuneration package including a £60k - £75k basic salary plus a generous commission plan, excellent benefits and career opportunities.
If you are interested in this position, please email us your CV.
Visit our website now at www.austin-turner-ross.com to view similar positions.
Job Ref No: - SC893668B