Systems Robustness Engineer
We are searching for a Systems Robustness Engineer, for a 12 week contract, to be based in Gaydon.
Responsible for the delivery of Failure Mode Avoidance for our systems in support of new model programmes including the generation and update of robust DFMEAs and related documentation for high risk systems. Support the commodity strategies to ensure that they have a credible FMA plan and the required countermeasures to avoid known architectural customer issues. Support the CoC to develop new or improved Requirements / Design Rules and Test cases that are focused on verification prior to M1DJ/FDJ. Help identify gaps in the above documentation by use of Failure Mode Avoidance tool use (e.g. DFMEA). Act as the single point of contact for the commodity area for all aspects of Failure Mode Avoidance. Ensure that lessons are learned from in-service and development phase issue through the facilitation of comprehensive Quality History and the approval of Prevent Recurrence AIMs.
The candidate will have the following skills
- Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Problem resolution of quality issues
- Ability to lead cross functional teams and influence others
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Excellent understanding of Quality Tools and strong focus on, Systems Engineering and related Engineering Analysis methodology and tools.
- Experience in Automotive Engineering.
- Good understanding of company & external field quality data systems.
- Strong customer focus and understanding of their needs & wants.
- Good understanding of Product Creation and Delivery Systems (PCDS)
- Ability to present complex issues in a brief & straightforward manner.
- Strong oral and written communication & IT skills
- Highly driven individual with proactive personality and strong interpersonal skills. Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to interface and influence at all levels within PE & the wider business. Ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams to ensure failure modes are not released to customers.
- Highly disciplined and tenacious to follow open issues through to closure.
- Ability to balance and manage multiple work streams.
- Educated to degree level
Must be an EU Citizen to apply
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960521234