Production Operative/ Forklift Driver
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Production Operative/ Forklift driver to join a new Pet Food Manufacturing company with a lot of opportunity. As Production Operative, you will be working on the day to day operations of our busy packing facility.
- Must understand English well.
- Counterbalance Forklift licence (Min 3 tonnes) essential
- Good practical skills.
- Ability to work quickly and methodically.
- Prepared to undergo training including first aider, fire warden etc.
- Ability to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks.
- Follow instructions including Health and Safety.
- Punctual and sober habits.
- Flexible and FMCG experience.
- Understand importance of quality and customer service.
Day to day tasks :
- Measuring , grading and feeding batches of raw material into production machinery.
- Ensure constant supply of raw material to filling equipment
- Loading / Off-loading of delivery vehicles
- Operating production line equipment ( conveyors, blenders , packing machines etc ) efficiently as per company standards.
- Assemble goods on line ( carton boxes etc ).
- Carry out OLM ( operator led maintenance ) or report to line manager any defects.
- Carry out basic testing and quality checks.
- Handling/storing raw materials in factory/warehouse.
- Using lifting equipment: cranes, pallet trucks and forklifts .
- Packing goods for shipment.
- Cleaning and maintaining work areas and machinery.
What are we offering?
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
If you feel you meet these requirements and have a track record of success in the Food Industry, and want to apply for this exciting role, please respond to this advert