Senior Sales Financial Controller
Muller offers you a long term career with a genuine market leader. We are an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference. Our competitive advantage comes through driving value through innovation and brands, scale, operational excellence and building a high performing international organisation. By 2020, we aim to have significantly increased our turnover and in order to achieve this, we need leaders and technical experts to grow our business and market share.
We are currently recruiting in our Yogurts & Desserts Finance Controlling Department for a Senior Sales Financial Controller on a 12 month FTC. This role will act as a key business partner to the Commercial Director and the Senior Leadership Team, providing day to day and strategic financial and commercial decision support
* Building strong relationships across the commercial teams to ensure involvement in decisions up front
* To remain accurate in a fast paced commercial environment whilst remaining pragmatic in judgment of materiality
* Being able to take a holistic view across the commercial sphere to ensure decisions are appropriate and do not lead to conflicting actions
* Prioritising conflicting demands from the business
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* Overall Horizontal & Holistic ownership of the Sales Financial Plans
* Operating as the "right hand man" to the Commercial Director providing key insights, support and challenge on day to day basis and on strategic commercial issues.
* Operating as a key member of the Sales Leadership team and the "go-to" person from a Controlling perspective for support and counsel
* Vertical Business partner to Sales Teams- providing financial and commercial decision support and insight to drive the business forward.
* Management of Customer P&Ls
* Evaluation & development of individual customer business plans
* Input into the business review process
* Support in terms of resolving debt issues
* A key player in Sales Business Reviews and Demand Planning meetings.
* Identifying gaps to targets, identifying options to close the gap (opportunities) and making sound recommendations.
* Holistic ownership of the Sales month end process
* Reconciliation of Customer NSV
* Analysis of performance vs Exec Forecast
* Preparation of required journal postings
* Ownership of the Sales Budgeting Process
* Responsibility for proposing Sales Financial Targets, measuring and reporting performance and making recommendations for closing any gaps.
* Direct management of the two Sales Finance Business Partners and the Commercial Project & Systems FBP
Key skills & experience
* Essential: FMCG/Retail experience
* Essential: Qualified accountant (CIMA preferable)
* Essential: Previous commercial (sales) finance experience in decision support role
* Essential: direct report experience
* Graduate level (2:1 minimum in business discipline)
* Ability to provide decision support & challenge to the commercial teams
* Relationship building and communication skills
* Financial and commercial modeling skills
* Structured approach to managing priorities across multiple projects over different time horizons
* Ability to operate at all levels within the commercial teams
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at ***********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960524005