We are currently recruiting for a Packaging Engineer, for a 31 week contract, to be based in Solihull.
To be working in the advanced global packaging engineering team, this is an integral part of the UK/EU Freight and packaging team. The team delivers all the packaging strategy and containerisation for all new models across all sites up to VP build.
- Support the planning development and implementation of all pallet developments for all new models across all sites, liaising with pallet manufacturers to ensure robust deliveries
- Co-ordinate the concept buy off for new containers and liaise with the related MP&L, manufacturing, purchasing, H & S and quality areas as appropriate.
- Support the input of data into company packaging databases, producing metrics as required and maintain own suppliers information
- Maintain the packaging manufacturing standards document
- Support management activities through development and monitoring of timing plans
- Support the packaging capital budget for new model
- Help to develop standards documents/procedures within the department
- Drive the packaging strategy forward through bench marking and research
- Assist in the development of packaging suppliers to bring them in line with the company standards
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
- Be able to work independently, manage priorities, identify issues and solutions using own initiative, coupled with a desire to make a difference and tenacity to achieve results
- Communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Hold a full UK driving license
Ideally the candidate should have the following experience:
- Have experience of transit shipping methodology.
- Understand the supply chain for packaging and demonstrate knowledge of departments customers (both internally and externally).
Must be an EU citizen to apply
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960520040