Transport and Logistics Manager
Our client is a well established family owned Metals Stockholder based in the Dudley area. An excellent opportunity has arisen to join this Company as a Transport and Logistics Manager. Reporting to the Operations Director you will be responsible for managing the Transport and Logistics throughout the business, utilising resources to ensure that goods reach their destination safely, on time and in the most cost effective way, whilst adhering to all relevant legislation and company policy.
This position offers an excellent salary plus benefits including Car, Private Health Care, Profit Share, Child care vouchers and more.
Key duties will include:
- Team management, delegation, planning, monitoring and identifying skill gaps, training and development.
- Recruitment and induction of new staff
- Implement effective strategy, policies and procedures to ensure the Transport and Logistics Department runs efficiently, communicate these to Line Manager and Directors
- Ensure delivery targets are met and H&S policies adhered to at all times
- Identify strategies for competitive advantage
- Fleet management and procurement of vehicles
- A comprehensive understanding of RAM Tracking, Digi card, TACHO
- FTA responsible person, manage and conduct load planning in I-Metal
- Accident/incident process management
The successful Logistics Manager will have previous experience in a similar role, with excellent IT skills and leadership skills. It is essential that you have an Operations Licence and an FTA licence as well as CPC qualification.
You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and an ability to prioritise. NVQ level 3 in man management and a Weighbridge certificate would be an advantage but is not essential.
Please apply for the opportunity of early interview, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates, thank you for your interest.