Our client is a world leader in the manufacture, modification and servicing of specialist products for the rail industry.
Due to continued growth they are currently looking for an experienced Engineer who can support their customers at various depot sites throughout the Midlands
The work will involve the maintenance/repair/replacement/upgrade of rail HVAC systems.
Candidates may be expected to work shifts and/or overtime and the role will involve working away from home for periods of time.
The main responsibilities will include the following: -
• AC power circuit fault finding(400VAC)
• DC control circuit fault finding (24VDC and 110VDC)
• Refrigeration circuit fault finding
• Carry out all processes required to service refrigeration circuits, refrigerant recovery, pressure testing, evacuation and charging
• Carry out repairs to refrigeration pipework and hot work
• Be able to work on own or as part of a team
• Liaise with customer to organise work and deal with problems
• Represent the company on site and project the appropriate corporate image
The successful applicant will be electrically qualified and have a proven track record in a similar environment. In addition, an F Gas City & Guilds 2079 or equivalent would be preferable as would experience of working with PLC’s but is not essential. Previous experience of working within a rail environment would also be preferred.
This is a temp to perm role for the right candidate
To apply for this position please email your current CV quoting job reference MID-SER
This role is being advertised by Thorncote Group who are operating as a Recruitment Business
Further Information can be found on our website
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960523485