* Overall responsibility for all supply chain activities. Manage inventory, purchasing and logistics ensuring fulfilment in full on time.
* Coordination of site surveys in order that site installation proceeds correctly and to a standard, to generate a technical drawing & work instructions, provide input at the design stage of a project in order to ensure the total feasibility, profitability and practicality of the project.
* Project management of all installations, including all documentation, production of/oversee production of risk assessments and method statements to ensure that all projects are completed, safely, on time and to budget.
* Manage various roles in installing the equipment as per quote and ensure correct invoicing achieved.
* Oversee the production and maintenance of all documentation in relation to internal procedures and manage associated audit, in order to maintain standards to meet ISO9001 and ISO14001.
* Ensure that client operation manuals are produced, including an onsite equipment register to enable customer to plan maintenance.
* Manage internal equipment registers and associated planned maintenance to ensure all internal equipment is in a fully serviceable condition.
* Ensure all returned materials and equipment is correctly identified for repair or calibration and an efficient process is applied to ensure minimum turnaround time.
* Mentor more junior engineers, to develop their knowledge of the full product range.
* Line management responsibility for Engineers, Operations Lead, Stores Manager, Telemetry Support and Technicians
* Integrity. Takes the initiative. Prepared to invest energy and effort.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications,
* Project management, demonstrated by experience, or a project management qualification e.g Prince II.
* Understanding of systems and processes in an engineering environment demonstrated by experience or qualification e.g HND or higher in Process or Electrical Engineering.
* Experience of implementing and managing one or more ISO standards.
* Experience of installing and maintaining telemetry based total solutions.
* Working in Confined Places Certificate
* Advanced Excel and Word
* Knowledge of CAD
Success will be measured by
* Maintaining ISO accreditation.
* Customer satisfaction.
* Installs planned and executed within appropriate timescales.
* Turn-around time for repairs
* Team Development reviews completed on time.
* Disputed invoices
* Overdue/open orders
* On time delivery
* Inventory reduction
* Cost reduction
* Solving Problems - Examines and processes information, interprets and evaluates data objectively. Adopts practical approaches, develops expertise through learning by doing, applies a common sense approach. Provides insights, continuously improves things.
* Innovative - Explores alternative possibilities. Develops new strategies, anticipates trends.
* Influencing- Proactively builds relationships. Communicates information, challenges ideas and established views, writes fluently. Leads by making good decisions, takes actions and assumes responsibility. > > Co-ordinates and facilitates. Empowers others by motivating, inspiring and giving encouragement.
* Adaptability- Resilient, self-confident, tolerates stress, composed, calm under pressure, adjusts to change, positive and optimistic. Tolerates uncertainty and adapts to new challenges. Encourages feedback, acts on critical feedback. Shows empathy, listens.
* Team Working - Encourages contributions from others
* Delivering results- Meets deadlines and finishes tasks. Produces accurate, high quality work. Follows procedures and instructions. Methodical, plans and set priorities. Upholds standards, acts with integrity. > > Takes the initiative. Prepared to invest energy and effort.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.