Head of Design - Building / Construction - Birmingham
(Design Manager / Technical Manager)
What makes it great?
-Team Leadership Opportunity
-Exciting Project Delivery and Work Winning role
-Fantastic Work /Life Balance (Excellent Company Benefits and Flexible Working)
My client is a reputable Building / Construction Consultancy, with a busy and fast growing workload.
Projects across a range of sectors including Education, Leisure, Commercial, Listed Buildings and Residential.
The Head of Design will have responsibility for the delivery of the following Design Services:
-Structural Design Engineering
-Mechanical Design Engineering
-Electrical Design Engineering
-Clerk of Works
The role will oversee and have ultimate responsibility for the design output from the office, it is expected that you will take a lead input into design concepts and the design quality of the schemes originating from the design team.
The role will also involve expanding established and new client networks.
To be considered for this Design Manager / Head of Design role you must meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of Building Sector.
- Previous employment as an Architect, Architectural Leader, Architectural Technologist, Architectural Manager, Technical Manager, Design Manager, Design Leader, Design Director, Design Team Leader, Design Project Manager or Technical Director.
- Previous experience in building sector projects such as Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential, Apartment Blocks, Student Accommodation, Hotels, Extra Care Housing, MOJ, Industrial, Education or Healthcare.
- Previous Design Engineering, Cost Consultancy or Architectural practise employment history.
- High level of communication skills.
-Previous team management experience.
-Ideally be a chartered member of appropriate professional organisation e.g RIBA
-Skills and oversight in AutoCAD, Sketch Up and ideally Revit.
-Ideally an architectural bias background.
-Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc).
The successful Design Manager / Technical Manager will receive:
*£50,000 - £60,000 Basic (Dependent on experience)
*Good Working Hours / Flexi-time
*Pension (very competitive!!!)
*29 days holiday
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80943388