Housekeeping Assistant / Laundry Assistant
Full-time £8.00 per hour
36 hrs pw inc. some weekend working
The Lodge at Burcot is a recently opened 50 bedded home in the grounds of the established Burcot Grange residential home. Due to the occupancy increasing in the home we are looking for an additional Housekeeper/Laundry Assistant to join our team.
We are looking for a reliable and concientous Housekeeping Assistant/Laundry Assistant to ensure that the home, its furnishings, equipment and linen are clean and safe at all times, meeting the standards of hygiene and cleanliness as set by management to satisfy registration requirements. When in the laundry responsible for performing laundry functions in order to create a safe secure and inviting environment for our residents, families and team members while meeting and exceeding Cinnamon quality standards.
- To follow the infection control policy and procedures and the home cleaning schedule.
- To clean all toilets, toilet raisers, commodes, baths and sinks at least one a day following the homes cleaning procedure.
- To empty all bins at least once per day, to clean bins after disposal of refuse and/or supply replacement liners as required.
- To sluice and polish as required all communal areas, washable tiled areas ensuring always that the appropriate hazard signs are clearly displayed for the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
- To vacuum all communal carpet areas on a daily basis.
- To vacuum, dust and tidy resident's rooms and articles with the resident's permission, addressing the resident in the agreed manner.
- To clean floor coverings and furniture stained by bodily fluids as required.
- Shampoo carpets as required.
- To wash paintwork as needed.
- Care for plants, ensure flowers are in clean water.
- To maintain windows internally in a clean, safe and hygienic condition.
- To complete any required cleaning logs as advised by the head of housekeeping.
- Keep housekeeping trolley well stocked and stored in the appropriate place at all times.
- Collect, clean and redistribute the homes laundry and resident's clothing.
- Sort washing, dry and iron line and resident's clothing to a high standard at all times, adhering to the washing and ironing instructions on the garments.
- Transport supplies including clean and soiled linen to the appropriate storage area, insuring that infection control policy and procedures are followed at all times.
- Fold, count and stack linen in an organised manner.
- Routinely inspect linen for wear and tear, and report this to the head of housekeeping.
- Monitor laundry products and inform the head of housekeeping when running low so more can be ordered.
- Ensure laundry areas are kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Physically and medically able to carry out duties and responsibilities with or without assistive aids.
- Compassionate and caring nature.
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Previous housekeeping / laundry experience in a residential care setting.