We do things a bit differently at Gi Group. We started as an Employer Provider and are now a fully-fledged Ofsted Grade 2 Training Provider, so we understand the business from every angle. We have a team of Trainers who are committed to do everything they can to ensure that their Apprentices enjoy a quality Apprenticeship even during the challenging times! This means that the role doesn't stop at just being an Assessor - you need to be a Trainer, a friendly and sympathetic ear and a motivator to keep everything on track. We have a culture of Every Apprentice Counts and every day we try to make a difference.
You will be responsible for the delivery and completion of Apprenticeships at various sites and it is a role where perseverance is key as this is not a role for the faint-hearted! It is a fast moving role, where change often occurs and we have to adapt our training and delivery to keep up to date. Apprentices are a demanding bunch - and they all have their own challenges.
The key to being successful in this role is planning and communication - and escalating when support is needed in plenty of time so that it is given appropriately. You will be in control of your own success as this is an autonomous role. KPI's are used across the board to determine whether strategies are working, so you will need to understand your own data and be able to explain the various peaks and troughs that are bound to occur in the early stages. As you will be an ambassador for Gi Group with exposure to many employers and sites, it is important that you are able to be positive and professional at all times. There is a great open support infrastructure available for informal or formal discussions and new ways of doing things better are always welcomed.
If you want to join a company where you are not just a number, and your voice can be heard, then Gi Group is for you.
* Successfully and compliantly enroll the target amount of Apprentices onto the Apprenticeship Programme
* Ensure Employer/Site is kept up to date re training/assessment plans for each Apprentice
* Deliver Functional Skills and ensure completion of each aim in line with delivery plan
* Prepare, agree and review assessment plans with each Apprentice using eAssessor to agreed target standards and ensure that eAssessor is maintained and managed.
* Conduct assessments and observations in line with delivery plan
* Carry out reviews every 10 weeks in line with company standards
* Contact Apprentices at least once per month within the workplace to provide support, prepare action plans, undertake assessments and provide feedback on performance.
* Maintain a QAR of 75% as a minimum to adhere with standards. This standard may rise in line with national standards
* Attend any meetings as required i.e. reviews with Line Manager, site meetings, standardisation meetings etc.
* Any other adhoc duties as instructed by Line Manager
* Experienced Trainer/Assessor with A1or equivalent
* Occupational Competency in Manufacturing, Warehouse, Team Leading or Supply Chain
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Full, clean driving license
* Self-motivated and professional
* Good interpersonal skills on a one-to one-basis and in group meetings
* Able to be pro-active and able to raise concerns before they become issues
* Ability to motivate Apprentices
* Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with all invested parties
* Committed to raising the standards in the industry
* Good record keeping skills and admin skills
* Able and willing to travel over a wide area and spend time away from home
* Committed to and able to implement equality of opportunity in training and assessment
* Always willing to work to the awarding body standards or above
* Able to maintain a positive and committed attitude, be a role model, and an ambassador for change
* Promote quality as the highest priority
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80955856