Job Role: IFRS9 Analyst
Reporting To: IFRS9 Modelling Manager
The Employer is a well-established UK Bank, having been incorporated in 1954. The bank operates from its head office in Solihull, West Midlands and currently has approximately 650 employees across the UK.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, but we can’t achieve our customer focused strategy without the right people in our team. We know that people are our biggest investment, which is why a career with us is not just a job. It’s the chance to be part of something bigger, to add real value to the Bank and help us constantly improve, in order to achieve our ambition of becoming the best bank in Britain. We believe in giving our staff autonomy, with initiative and exceptional performance recognized through a variety of individual and team awards and incentives. All our employees have a tangible impact on the Group’s core values, and we are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, proactive and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. So, join us as we strive to Grow, Sustain and Love the way we work.
- Monthly validation/ interpretation of IFRS9 Model outputs for all Group companies
- Work with key stakeholders in the business advising on IFRS9 issues
- Provide insight for PD/LGD/ EAD models
- Monthly presentations to IFRS9 management committee as appropriate.
- Ad-hoc investigation work as the business requires
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of new provision/ macroeconomic models.
- Provide provision management reports which evaluate the risk profile of the company Customer base
- Provide analysis to improve the provision impact of strategies set
- As requested, liaise with other departments or external organisations e.g. Credit Bureau on any current or future initiatives
- Liaise with Operational teams as requested to ensure that policies and procedures are being complied with in an efficient manner
- Develop provisioning methodologies
- Work with Credit Risk Team to explain reasons for performance
- Interaction with other business models e.g. pricing, attrition and budgeting
- Validate Expert Credit Judgements
Knowledge, experience, skills, other attributes
- Strong analytical experience
- Strong IT skills inc Advanced Microsoft products
- Financial Services experience
- Technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation
- Able to take initiative and work with minimum supervision
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong desire to succeed and exceed goals set.
- Strong experience of reporting in SAS e.g. Macros/ automation of tasks/ scheduling etc
- SQL programming is desirable but not essential
- Degree in a numerate or business discipline is desirable
- Influencing Others
- Problem Solving & Judgement
- Planning & Reviewing
- Change Focus
- Business & Commercial Focus
- Attention to detail
- Communication & Confidence
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80936714