Commercial Account Executive
Our client is a well-established, independent insurance brokerage based in Warwick.
This fast-growing company are currently looking to recruit a Commercial Account Executive to develop and grow their existing book.
This role may suit an individual looking for the next step up - and who may currently be in a Commercial Account Handler role.
The right candidate will be someone who has a flair and a real aptitude for sales and new business development - and who feels they have the ability to build a book of Commercial business.
Candidates already with a book of commercial business will be considered, and the salary will be adjusted accordingly based on book size.
For the right person with a desire to further your career, there is an attractive package on offer. The salary is negotiable and dependent on your level of experience.
Salary: £25k plus Commission - uncapped commission of £5k / 10k plus
- To manage, service and develop existing and new client accounts.
- Responsibilities: To administer and service existing and new clients, which includes but is not limited to, renewal administration, preparation of broking presentations to insurers, obtaining quotations using online trading systems, negotiating premiums with underwriters, processing adjustments, preparing client reports and other documentation and handling claims.
- To be responsible for the retention, maintenance and growth of client accounts and to meet monthly and annual targets.
- To cross-sell insurance and approved non-insurance products according to the demands and needs of existing clients, and to secure new business from client referrals or leads generated by you or the Company.
- The candidate should be highly motivated, have excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- They should have a positive work ethic and have the ability to build and maintain long term working relationships with clients and insurers.
- They will be required to use their own initiative and work well both as a team as well as independently.
- They will need to be efficient and organise work effectively, have good technical and administrative knowledge and be capable of working under pressure to deliver results whilst maintaining an excellent level of customer service, and adhering to FCA, TCF & other compliance guidelines at all times.
- It is essential that you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an account executive or account manager / handler role within a general insurance broker; Technically very competent on personal and commercial insurance products and have a good working knowledge of most areas of insurance broking;
- Competent on Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook programs to an intermediate standard;
- Educated to 'A’ level (or equivalent) or higher with Minimum 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) A-C grades, including English and Maths;
- High level of numeracy and spelling Competent business letter-writing skills
- Candidates should ideally have achieved or be working towards Cert CII qualification