Facilities Manager (Total FM)
Interserve are currently recruiting for a Facilities Manager to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of contractual and additional site services. This will include Total FM (Hard and Soft Services) at the College of Policing at Harperley Hall. The ideal candidate will be from a hard services background with good technical knowledge. This role will have people management responsibility and will oversee a team of around 59 staff on site with 4 direct reports whom are engineers and a Supervisor. The role will report directly to the Interserve Regional Manager from Home Office contract. College of Policing has is very much a hospitality driven environment. Due to the nature of the site, the successful candidate will be required to complete a high level security check before commencing the role.
- Carry out any reasonable requests from the management team.
- To deliver a professional service whilst representing Interserve at all times in the workplace.
- Providing effective financial management of the Estate ensure financial expenditure is consistent with delegated budgets and in-line with prescribed financial processes.
- Managing the services in strict accordance with the corporate QSHE Policy directives to ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly working environment for all employees.
- Providing effective management and leadership for all IFM employees via delivery of Interserve HR policies and procedures.
- Providing management of the FM services, ensuring that delivery and standards are consistent with the contractual requirements and are fully met at all times. Leading the team to ensure a one team approach providing effective interface for centralised / corporate services to ensure contract conformance, commercial compliance and KPI standards are met.
- Providing effective management of sub-contracted supplier partners.
- Ensure that catering provision is operating effectively and efficiently, in line with food hygiene and catering legislation
- Providing effective management interface with Interserve colleagues, clients and customers.
- Providing management information to senior management team as required
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- Ensure the College has a fully compliant and auditable Compliance system. (site log books etc)
- Be accountable for the compliance levels across the College site
- To attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the company site.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, third parties, client, suppliers, sub-contractors and government agencies as required.
- Forward planning of onsite activities including reactive and periodic works to ensure smooth operation on day to day basis.
- Management of materials, supplies, equipment and labour to operate at optimal cost.
- Collate and prepare reports for management teams.
- Assist and carry out audits for internal and external requirements.
What we are looking for
- A proven track record in delivering exceptional service delivery within a challenging environment.
- Must be from a technical background.
- Experience in delivery of a multi service contract - Total FM
- Report writing and excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience of hard services and leading teams of differing skill sets
- Flexible approach to working hours and a team player
- Committed, organised and highly experienced in staff management and motivation.
- Experience of managing employees in various service delivery roles.
- Experience of working in a busy and challenging workplace / work environment.
- An innovative approach and sound leadership qualities.
- A professionally recognised H&S qualification - NEBOSH or IOSH
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to utilise numerous IT packages (e.g. Word, E-Mail & Excel).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A professionally recognised FM qualification (e.g. BIFM).
- Hospitality experience would be highly desirable
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80945307