Engineering Buyer Stores Controller
Global recycling manufacturing company, with a site based near Birmingham, are seeking a Stores Controller - Engineering Buyer.
Working within the UK purchasing team and leading the local purchasing department in identifying and delivering cost savings to the site in accordance with the UK and where required, group Purchasing strategy.
Management of inventoried spare parts utilising SAP MRP and the day to day supervision of MRP controller and stores staff and being the SAP MM key user for the plant, administration of the day to day conversion of Purchase orders within the department ensuring quotations have been obtained in accordance with the purchasing policy and sourcing of non-stock engineering parts and service contracts as may be required by the Engineering Manager.
Management of the central stores to ensure security of parts, optimum working capital overhead and a high level of stock accuracy is maintained for spare parts inventory through efficient stock control measures whilst maintaining absolute compliance to health and safety best practise and legislative requirements.
MCIPS - Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply at level 3 or above
Substantial purchasing experience ideally with some supervisory experience preferably within a manufacturing or heavy engineering environment
Relevant management qualification (ILM level 3 or equivalent)
SAP MM experience within a purchasing role and with extensive troubleshooting experience to enable identification of best SAP practice within the purchase to pay cycle
Experience in negotiations with a proven track record of achievement in cost reduction initiatives
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use MRP function in SAP to control the re-ordering of spare parts, investigate and liase with Engineering to ensure correct stock quantities are maintained of suitable spares.
- Manage consignment stocks within SAP ensuring all settlements are carried out accurately on a monthly cycle.
- Manage the creation of material master data in SAP for spare parts.
- Source non-stock engineering parts and where required introduce new vendors and alternative brands to keep costs competitive.
- Implement cost reduction strategies or tenders as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
- Record all cost savings in a departmental spreadsheet for audit purposes.
- Day to day management of direct reports, including Time System Management, appraisals & PDP’s.
- Ensure the SAP physical inventory checks are carried out daily and that 100% of inventory is counted within each fiscal year evidenced by (MIDO) in SAP. Monitor and recount high value differences, investigating as necessary to ensure a high level of stock accuracy is maintained.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with any site specific requirements or group purchasing instructions as may be required from time to time.
- Assist MRP Controller with any high value or priority purchases.
- Ensure the central stores is compliant with Safety and Environmental rules and legislation and that the operatives are fully trained and act at all times in a safe manner Ensuring safe systems of work and risk assessment are regularly completed.
- Develop and maintain good communication with departmental managers to assist and develop cost saving strategies across all departments
- Provide stores cover for planned or unplanned machine shuts
- Develop and maintain communications with key suppliers to ensure good working relationships and information exchange on products and services procured.
Full job description available on request.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a sustainable, successful, continuous improvement company with greaet salary, benefits and career prospects.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80932654