A Non-Production Materials Buyer with experience in technical engineering or minimum 3 years' experience in purchasing is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading global automotive company based in Birmingham.
The purpose of the role is to coordinate the NPM activity the manufacturing plant by ensuring that suppliers are managed effectively on a daily basis and to take commercially sound actions as necessary to achieve Group/Plant KPI's and savings.
The role is offering a salary of up to £45,000 per annum + benefits dependant on experience.
Our client is a leading automotive technology company that specialises in the design and manufacture of complex interior solutions including driver information, dashboard displays, vehicle infotainment and climate control solutions.
Reporting to: Solid line to Business Unit, dotted line to NPM Manager Hub UK.
Working with: All departments within the plant, company NPM UK/Group Purchasing and suppliers.
- Manage all Non-Production Materials (NPM) purchasing activities within the plant in line with company purchasing policies.
- Sourcing of services/components by the raising of RFQ's on existing and/or new suppliers in conjunction with the requestors specification.
- Receiving of all quotations relating to NPM requirements, analysis of quotations, negotiating with suppliers and advising the requestor on commercial recommendations.
- Raising purchase orders thorough the plants ERP system.
- Raising Supplier Justification Forms, (SJF), when necessary.
- To comply with KPI's, Targets and Objectives i.e. cost reduction, cost avoidance, CIS, supplier reduction, payment terms, automated orders etc.
- Provide supplier escalation support from requested departments.
- Provide supplier management by additions/updates through OneSB.
- Preparation for contracts, sourcing committees and internal audits in conjunction with Hub UK, or company Commodity, Managers.
- Maintain all local contracts within company database.
- Work to develop local commodity strategy in relation to existing/new suppliers and synergies in agreement with other/all UK plants.
- Represent the Purchasing department at meetings both internal and external as required.
- Ensure that services/components are covered 100% by a purchase order/agreement prior to delivery/commencement.
- Carry out any other reasonable request the Company asks of you.
Skills / Experience Required
- CIPS qualified or working towards the qualification.
- Technical Engineer or minimum 3 years' experience in purchasing
- Background in manufacturing desirable
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact James Laver on or email
Keywords: NPM, RFQ's, ERP, System, Purchasing, Indirect purchasing, indirect, CIPS, manufacturing
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80953648