Registered Nurse Unit Manager
Unit Manager - Senior Nurse
Starting at £15.75 (with annual increments) rising to £17.17
Being a nurse is at the heart of what you do. As a Unit Manager, you'll be able to keep your skills and experience up to date whilst developing your management abilities.
My client is a specialist nurse-led home for adults with complex needs located in Kings Heath, Birmingham.
They build their care and activity plans around individuals, supporting, nurturing and encouraging them to live happy, fullfilled lives. Making every day better is about achieving the best possible outcomes for those we care for, so we identify goals and outcomes together with individuals, families and professionals.
As a Unit Manager:
On a day to day basis, you'll have responsibility for clinical matters, people and general management duties. Whilst you'll still be delivering hands-on nursing care, you'll also be involved with:
- Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
- Providing safe and effective means for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
- Ordering clinical supplies to budget, ensuring safe storage, stock rotation and usage
- Reviewing and documenting care plans on a regular basis
- Participating in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
- Deputising for the Registered Home Manager where necessary
What you need to have:
- We expect that you will be a first level nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD) with a current PIN.
- You should be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations.
- You'll have had some supervisory experience previously, combined with a couple of years nursing experience.
- You'll have great communication and leadership qualities to ensure that the unit runs effectively and efficiently, delivering a high standard of clinical care.
Benefits of a Unit Manager
- You'll complete a comprehensive induction and training programme, designed to give you all the information that you'll need before you start working in the home.
- A rewarding and stimulating working environment, where you will enjoy a varied role.
- Genuine prospects for career development.
- Support you through formal qualifications and management development to help you to achieve your goal. Whether you want to climb the career ladder to Deputy Manager or enhance your clinical skills.
- A competitive rate of pay as part of a comprehensive benefits package as part of a 40 hour week contract.
If you have the skills, attitude and experience to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today! Please send us your CV to or call Antonia at Randstad on now!
Alternatively Apply Below Now!
You will suit this role if you are a: Staff Nurse, Staff Nurse Band 5, Staff Nurse Band 6, Registered Nurse, RGN, RMN, RNLD, Senior Nurse, Clinical Lead, Night Nurse, Lead Nurse, Community Nurse, General
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.