Senior Engineer - Interior Trim (Advanced Man Eng)
To work as Senior Engineer as part of the Manufacturing Engineering function responsible for the delivery of vehicle programmes from manufacturing feasibility / original concept and design, through to and including current production.
You will be responsible for delivering robust assembly processes, moving Aston Martin into its next generation of production tooling and assembly processes, including process and quality improvements. The successful candidate will have experience of managing workloads of reporting Engineers, and will have experience of facility & tooling requirements, process documentation, work station layout planning and problem resolution. You will ensure that the highest quality build standards are achieved whilst ensuring the health & safety of staff and technicians is never compromised.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Leadership. To representing Manufacturing Engineering at regular management feedback meetings, programme Gateways and have the ability to cascade information effectively. You will also need to facilitate meetings and Virtual build events.
- Process: To produce detailed process operation sheets including visual aids, torque & tooling detail, quality requirements and safety information.
- Facilities / Layout: Working with Logistics & Facilities Engineers to determine efficient station layouts including modifications to existing facilities, racking & part presentation requirements, liaising with external suppliers of equipment and compiling necessary documents for implementation and approval.
- Manpower: Working with Industrial Engineers to develop effective manpower requirements reflecting volume mix and model specification including methods improvements to achieve hours per car target.
- Tooling: To select the appropriate (volume representative) Jigs and Fixtures, including specialised hand tools and power tool requirements to meet vehicle quality and hours per car targets whilst ensuring operator safety targets are achieved.
- Health and Safety: To liaise with the Health & Safety department to ensure all processes & materials are suitable for the manufacturing environment. Project Environmental Checklists will also be required when raising Project requests.
- PD Support: To work with the product development team from feasibility stage through virtual builds and onto to Job#1 delivery, ensuring due consideration is given to design for assembly, fool proofing techniques and ease of assembly.
- Quality Improvements: To liaise with product development to ensure new or modified product content is integrated seamlessly into the production environment.
- Technical Support: Provide advice / information to other business areas regarding production build sequence and technical specifications.
Qualifications & Experience:
A recognised engineering apprenticeship with substantial experience in the Motor Vehicle environment. ONC or equivalent minimum qualification required, Engineering Degree preferred. The successful candidate will have substantial Manufacturing Engineering experience, an ability to interrogate and interpret technical data and a good understanding of industry Manufacturing Engineering procedures and standards.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960520353