IT Training Manager
IT Training Manager Vacancy in Birmingham
£37,966 to £41,267 per annum and 32 days annual leave and many other generous benefits
Hays Recruitment are working in partnership with a large education establishment in Birmingham to recruit an IT Training Manager on a permanent basis.
Our client are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic IT Training Manager to lead a team of trainers in the IT department within their organisation. The role will be based in the modern and prestigious City Centre campus.
In order to apply you will need proven experience of leading IT training and change management initiatives, good people management skills and ability to quickly build credibility and influence, particularly at a senior level. This role would suit a collaborative professional who enjoys both strategic and operational delivery.
Training provision within the organisation is undergoing a radical change with the imminent introduction of an Oracle cloud based Enterprise Resource Planning system which incorporates a new LMS. This provides a unique and exciting opportunity to re-evaluate how IT training is offered to our customers. The IT Training Manager will be working closely alongside HR Staff Development, Education Development Service and IT Help Desk teams so an excellent level of professional communication skills and strong leadership capabilities are essential.
Experience/skills required in order to apply:
* Educated to bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional teaching/training qualification and/or equivalent experience.
* Experience in leading an IT training team.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft technologies including MS Office 2016 and Office 365 products.
* Ability to design and implement an IT Training strategy, in particular during the rollout of new IT projects and processes.
* Proven experience to devise and deliver a training programme that will utilise a range of training methods - classroom, eLearning, written materials, floor-walking and 121's.
* Strong communication, facilitation and change management skills and tangible evidence of driving positive cultural change within large complex organisations - ideally in the education sector.
* In addition to being educated to bachelor degree level and/or holding a relevant professional qualification, you'll have well developed performance coaching skills.
* Conduct regular individual and team meetings to ensure the IT Training team are growing, developing and achieving the highest standard.
* Conduct and review Training Needs Analysis (TNA's) and customer feedback across the University.
* Manage and maintain the IT training budget, co-ordinate external training for IT staff.
* Develop close professional relationships with suppliers to gain appropriate course content and advantageous terms
* Design interventions to support large scale change and improvement projects.
If you have the necessary experience and would like to apply for this role please apply now with an up to date copy of your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience, together with your current salary requirements for this role and also your notice period and availability.
Alternatively you can call Daney Bowen at Hays IT in Birmingham on if you require additional information.