It is a pleasure to be asked to assist a market leading 3PL business, with operations all over the UK, to recruit a Transport Manager for a brand-new site near Coventry. The operation is state-of-the-art and services multiple well known brands, they need somebody who can provide the service this operation deserves and get the best out of the new facilities.
You will have the opportunity to manage a brand-new transport team in a state of the art operation near Coventry. This new site will give you the chance to hire and mould a team of your own. You will then use the new facilities to develop an operation to be proud of. As the Transport Manager you will be responsible for planning, driver utilisation, providing customer updates, health and safety and vehicle optimisation. You are likely to have a fleet in excess of 150 vehicles to manage and the support team that comes with it.
You will report to the Operations Manager on site, and be responsible for half of the Transport network coming to and from the depot.
Other responsibilities include:
- Monitoring KPI’s
- Health and Safety
- Market leading customer service
- Supporting the Contract Manager / Business Development team when communicating with the customers.
- Seeking continuous improvement across the operation at all times
- Continually optimizing the network, maximising the skills of the planning team.
- Maintaining a positive working relationship with other departments
- Working under deadline pressure.
- Plan & manage efficient shifts ensuring all KPI requirements are met.
- Staff development, one-on-ones and disciplinaries when needed.
- Maximise margins.
- Tachograph analysis
- Plan v Actual KPI - particularly in revenues, costs & margins.
- Liaise with all internal & external stakeholders to ensure execution of the transport operation.
- Initiating & implementing new initiatives for continuous improvement.
08:30 - 17:30 Monday to Friday, with flexibility.
The Skills Required
The ideal candidate will have these skills and experiences in the following evidenced upon their CV:
- 5 years + transport management experience
- 3PL experience
- Highly customer focused approach
- FMCG experience preferable
- Experience with disciplinaries and staff development
- Continuous Improvement experience - clearly shown on CV
- Experience of paragon desirable
- Paragon experience desired
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Degree in Logistics or similar desirable