Application Senior Engineer - Interior Trim
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
Coordinate the development and integration of Interior trim for Cockpit & Cabin systems and manage interior components on new vehicle programmes as part of cross-functional team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Represent Body Interior functions in the cross-functional application team.
• Review Body Interior change content in response to Strategic Evaluation Letter (SEL)
• Work with vehicle engineering and functional engineering teams to ensure that Body Interior commodities are fully integrated and achieve vehicle programme targets.
• Assist with the submission of documents including Engineering Concept Matrix, BoM and Final Engineering Sign-Off to describe and report status of parts on the project.
• Work with cost estimating and purchasing functions to establish appropriate piece and tooling cost targets and maintain cost tracker (CMS)
• Coordinate functional actions relating to piece/tooling cost gap closure and challenge and optimise D&D costs
• Work with Purchasing to ensure system selection & sourcing of Interior commodities.
• Monitor closure of all Body Interior concerns (Ecms) at all stages of the programme in line with required build phase implementation.
• Review parts/ designs for all new content and ensure they are available on time and at required maturity and quality for all physical and virtual builds
• Monitor submission of all Body Interior releases for the applicable programme
Qualifications and Experience:
• Engineering degree (or equivalent) within an engineering related discipline
• Experience gained within automotive engineering / product development
• Prior experience in development and/or integration of Body Interior Trim components and systems on new vehicle programmes
• Experience of legislative and DV requirements for the design of interior trim.
• A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times.
• Experienced working in cross-functional teams
• Proven skills and ability to deliver engineering solutions on time to cost, quality and targets
• Understands testing and validation requirements for automotive body systems
• Good grasp of engineering fundamentals and familiar with problem solving and failure mode avoidance techniques including DFMEA
• Familiar with technology and industry benchmarks applicable to Interior Trim.
• Proficient in the use of Teamcentre / VisMockup to interrogate designs
• Knowledge of NX an advantage
• Self-starting and self-motivated - Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to balance conflicting requirements within cross-functional teams and positively influence decisions on product definition and design.
• Thorough, data-driven approach to solving engineering issues
• Confident communicator – able to present at design reviews and technical forums
• Full driving licence
• Role may require periods of working at other manufacturing site(s) in the UK and occasional travel to suppliers in UK and Europe.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960520144