Freight Forwarding Operator - European Road Freight
Europa Worldwide Logistics is a leading logistics and distribution company with representation in six continents and operating in over 120 countries. Established in 1966, we deliver pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide.
We are currently looking for a European Forwarding Operator to be based in our Minworth, Birmingham branch whose main responsibilities and duties include:
Handling of incoming forwarding enquires for all Europa U.K Branches.
Sourcing transport solutions, negotiating costings with 3rd party carriers and overseas agents.
Building strong working relationships, establishing a professional and reliable service for all branch forwarding requirements.
Maximising profitability and increasing revenue/margin on all non serviced EU markets and routes
Receiving inbound calls and dealing with the call correctly in order to satisfy the internal sales or external branch’s needs.
- Managing all facets of a job for which you are responsible both import & export
- Working within the Europa framework at all times to ensure development of Group/Core services.
- Constant monitoring of collections/deliveries to ensure agents/hauliers met their agreed service levels.
- Generating Export/Import Booking Confirmations advising to UK/overseas agents.
- Ensuring purchase invoices are in-line with agreed cost)/Job Admin/Filing.
- Dealing with agents/hauliers making sure that ultimate customer service is met at all times.
- Team player, customer friendly with ability to prioritise and work under pressure with good telephone manners.
The overall Purpose of this role is to ensure that the Europa Branches receive excellent customer service and the team comply to Import/Export operational procedures and in-line with company policy.
We are looking for someone with the experience and understanding of European Freight Forwarding and a customer service focussed individual who is a good negotiator with great communication skills. The successful candidate must have experience in the European freight forwarding industry.
Our working hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm. If you have the above experience and would like to work for a leading logistics and freight forwarding business that rewards hard work and offers career progression, we would love to hear from you. Please apply online.
Customer service, Freight forwarding, logistics, administrator, sales