Mechanical Design Engineer
About the Job
Our client is a leading manufacturing company based in Worcester. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market leading machinery manufacturer who have been at the forefront of the industry for many years.
The purpose and remit of the Mechanical Design Engineer role:
- Design and development of new products and accessories – machinery, motors and gearboxes
- Design of special units to suit customers specific requirements
- Design and detailing mechanical parts and units
- Engineering calculations and cost analysis
- Modification of existing designs to improve function, solve problems or reduce cost.
- Preparation of technical documentation (Parts lists, assembly instructions, machine manuals and CE technical files and risk assessments)
The Mechanical Design Engineer experience and qualifications required:
- Sound grasp of engineering principles and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to design, manufacture and create drawings using Solidworks.
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint).
- Highly motivated, proactive and innovative to help improve processes.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960524526