Project Engineer Application Integration
I am currently looking for a Project Engineer Application Integration to join a large automotive OEM.
- Program lead for Electrical and Electronic System Integration
- Responsible for Electrical and electronic System Specification and whole vehicle EE Integration test planning
- Coordinate Prototype build support and issues resolution. Coordinate and manage software updates and prototype vehicle sign off.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Define the Electronic Systems Integration change content in response to the Strategic Evaluation Letter.
- Ensure that commodity financial targets reflect the activities required to deliver all features across Product Development which are not core to the module’s home department (e.g. cruise control in the brake control module, immobilisation in the ECU).
- Support Programme Manager and Concept Leader to balance performance and cost targets by providing information on the cost to deliver new features.
- Define programme’s Electrical & Electronics engineering resource requirements (internal and external).
- Work with Concept Leader to ensure that platform commodities and functional archetypes are applied, and that Function commodities integrate effectively with other commodities to achieve overall vehicle targets.
- Create boundary diagrams for new features & identify which modules are required to support their delivery.
- Ownership of E/E System Specification
- Perform system reviews and EE analysis during concept phase.
- Ensure that modules are delivered by application & platform engineers to achieve the cascaded feature content. Includes:
- Use external engineering partners as required to deliver electronic systems integration & software feature content.
- Co-located with Programme Manager, collaborates with cross-functional programme team including application engineers from other Functions, Vehicle Performance & Concept, Purchasing, Manufacturing & Quality to deliver the programme QCFT (quality, cost, function and timing) requirements.
- Work with application & commodity engineers across PD to create a robust software delivery plan for the whole vehicle.
- Ensure that application, platform engineers & external engineering partners achieve the software delivery plan, working with them to create & manage recovery plans as required (escalating to the Programme Manager as required). Includes:
- o Manage functional implementation progression (FiP) over time.
- o Manage E/E status of ECU Diagnostic delivery/Maturity including variant coding and specify best practice to other engineering functions.
- o Manage E/E modules Software download and specify best practice to other engineering functions.
- o Manage together with the Power Management engineer, whole Vehicle Shutdown and KOL status
- Monitor internal & external electronic systems integration resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
- Creates & manage whole vehicle integration test plans.
- o Support system engineers in system validation.
- o Deliver a labcar tested software set to enable software updates of prototype fleet.
- o Responsible for whole vehicle system qualification, ensuring all features are robustly validated.
- Ensures effective report writing to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
- Ensure that all concerns are robustly resolved.
- o First port of call for build issues & vehicle sign off.
- o Assist in data collection and analysis for problem resolution
- o Hands on electrical system debug (Plant / Proto / Launch / Overseas)
- o Coordinate DTC and software part reads on engineering fleet.
- Support the commodity FESO process. Includes:
- o Support system engineers with Practical FMEA/SFMEA.
- o Support and facilitate System reviews and system FMEA.
- o Coordination of Suppliers Part II specs / compliance
- o Support Diagnostic validation and creation of Diagnostic help text (sub system repair).
- Guarantees the functional & technical delivery of electronic systems integration to the project
Qualification and Experience:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent
- Proven record of managing whole vehicle software delivery. Including:
- o A solid understanding and working knowledge of in-vehicle networks and protocols.
- o A working knowledge of ISO26262
- o Extensive experience of vehicle diagnostics, developing, authoring, validation
- o Experience of managing the delivery of automotive software and Feature Delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
- Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
- Proven management of outsourced projects
- Supplier management experience
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of electronic systems integration.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Microsoft project experience is desirable
- Excellent financial management skills
- Must be able to manage large workloads in a high-pressure environment and prioritise accordingly.
- Must be able to project manage and work collaboratively with other engineers.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly
- Able to set and deliver targets
- Strategic thinking and decision-making skills
- Resilient and driven to succeed; goal orientated
- Strong technical focus, high quality mind-set.
- Clean driving license
- Travel may be required, UK and overseas.
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960523354