This Creative Director will sit as part of the leadership team and will act as a creative figurehead to set the agency's creative offer, tone and vision as well as ensuring they match leading-edge strategy with cutting-edge ideas and campaigns.
The agency is a integrated design agency based in Birmingham that work across multi-channel creative campaigns including print, digital, film and application design with a heavy weighting towards print and advertising. This role will oversee the timely production of truly original and distinctive solutions which meet client briefs and help drive the agency's continued growth, profitability and reputation as a partner for brand and business transformation.
The key responsibilities for this Creative Director role will be:
- To act as an evangelist of great work, providing inspirational direction and vision to the agency, to clients and your own team.
- Leading a team of art directors, copywriters, designers and artworkers, nurturing their skills, encouraging their ideas and maximising their talent.
- Take the lead in the development of big branding and integrated campaigns and concepts which push boundaries.
- Promote integrated and interactive creativity to provide a high-quality, brand-led experience across multiple platforms including print, social, digital, film and animation.
- Ensure quality control on all creative projects is consistent, including directing and signing-off ideas and executions and steering your team to ensure the best work is delivered successfully, on time and to budget
- Ensure that all all deliverables for each client fully reflect both their guidelines and their brief
- Foster collaborative and productive working relationships between creative and account handling teams, encouraging a mutual and respectful understanding of their challenges, requirements and commercial drivers
- Be accountable for forecast budgets relating to the creative team, including known income, new business targets, overheads and anticipated contribution to group turnover and profitability
- Make an on-going contribution to the profitability of the agency by monitoring your team's performance, and by introducing efficient and forward-thinking practices which maximise productivity and efficiency
- Support new business activities by helping identify opportunities, by aligning creative support, by generating distinctive ideas and by helping build - and present - winning pitches
- Select, maintain and manage an effective roster of external suppliers to provide cover on all projects as required
- Act as a brand ambassador, contributing to and helping shape the agency's creative reputation at every opportunity.
The successful candidate for this Creative Director role will be:
- Exceptional conceptual, strategic and craft skills (art or copy) and a commitment to 'pushing the boundaries',
- A portfolio which showcases effective and innovative problem-solving
- Proven leadership and organisational ability to include experience of building, inspiring and sustaining successful creative teams
- Discerning creative judgement with the ability to defend and articulate decisions to stakeholders at all levels
- Equally comfortable across the full advertising mix - branding, advertising, print, digital, social, moving image, content marketing
Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects from concept to delivery
- Keen interest in emerging trends in advertising and graphic design.
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Ideally have a design related degree