Robert half is delighted to be working with one of its key clients in Warwick who are recruiting for a Payroll Officer within the HR Department.
About the Role:
- Liaise with Departments to ensure timely submission of all payroll information including new starters, leavers, overtime, variations or salary increases.
- Ensure that for all payroll is up to date and all statutory responsibilities are met in respect of information supplied by/to, the external payroll provider, benefits agencies, pensions, HMRC and other authorised third parties.
- Ensure pension information is up to date by sending relevant documentation to the relevant scheme and respond to all verbal and written communications within appropriate timescales, providing advice to employees and managers on queries relating to the pension scheme.
- To provide a prompt, effective, efficient and flexible service to employees, managers and about payroll and pension matters.
- Manage year end operations and ensure that all relevant statutory returns are submitted within prescribed timescales.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare written communications to employees, external customers and other agencies to obtain information and in response to enquiries ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Support the ethos and guiding principles of the company
The Successful applicant MUST:
- Have excellent knowledge of Pension Schemes and dealings with HMRC
- Have a high level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Have good communication, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work efficiently in a team
- Be able to take initiative when required
- Have experience of payroll change
- Have recognised Payroll qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of manual and modern computer based payroll systems
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be trustworthy and discreet maintaining confidentiality
- Have a good sense of humour
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be able to work sensitively with colleagues and a range of professionals
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80933674