1st Line Support / Service Desk - IMMEDIATE START
Job role: 1st Line Support / Service Desk - IMMEDIATE START
Job Type: Contract (3-6 months)
Hours of work: Flexi Hours (37.5)
Salary £17,000 +
Do you have previous Helpdesk / 1st Line Support experience and are immediately available? Are you happy to work initially on a 3-6 month contract, that could potentially be extended or made permanent? Are you unemployed with IT Help desk experience, and need something to tide you over until you find your perfect permanent job?
This is a key role with IT Services Dept with responsibility to provide support and advice to employees on a range of IT issues & to provide a comprehensive and professional ICT Services Desk service to staff and external customers, 1st Line Support / Service Desk
What the 1st Line Support / Service Desk role involves:
- Handling all customer contact, via email, telephone and self-service.
- Logging all incident, service request and problem records.
- Allocating category profiles and prioritisation codes.
- Providing initial investigation and diagnosis.
- Resolving incidents and service requests and restoring service as quickly as possible.
- Achieving service level agreement, response and fix times.
- Escalating incidents/requests that cannot be resolved in agreed timescales and prior to SLA breach.
- Keeping users informed of progress.
- Closing all resolved incidents, requests and other calls.
- Provision of standby and on call service.
- Any other duties as and when required appropriate to the level of this post.
- Managing incoming calls on the Helpdesk
- Organising and liaising with other team members in the efficient handling of calls
- In time, with sufficient training, advising users on solutions available
- Supporting the IT function
- You are responsible for your health and safety and have a duty of care for others around you within your working environment.
- Promoting good housekeeping for an efficient working environment
Essential career experience for an 1st Line Support / Service Desk
- Knowledge and level of proficiency in the use of IT software packages required
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Applications
- Windows 7 and XP
- General PC and Telephony support
- Remote Support tools - Dameware, GotoAssist
Desirable for an 1st Line Support / Service Desk
- Service Desk Management Toolsets
- PC hardware
- Forefront Identity Manager
- Microsoft Exchange
- Citrix Admin
- Fundamentals of networking
This is an immediately available role so please do not apply if you are in a permanent position, and not available to start ASAP.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.