Media Relations Manager - CMB UK
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC UK and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC UK offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Communications, designs and implements communications strategies which support HSBC UK's business objectives, in line with our values, and enhance and protect our reputation among key stakeholders.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Communications team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
HSBC UK Commercial Banking (CMB) has around 5,000 employees across the country, who support about 1 million business customers ranging from small enterprises focused on the domestic market through to large global corporates. Whether it is working capital, term loans, trade finance or payments and cash management solutions, we provide the tools and expertise that businesses need to thrive.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for executing effective proactive and reactive media relations in the UK for CMB in collaboration with the Head of Communications, CMB UK and aligned to the integrated CMB UK Communications strategy
- Creating a profile for CMB that attracts customers in our target segments and promotes business growth, cross-leveraging and cross-selling of business products and services
- Playing an active role in managing external communications and handling reputational media issues for CMB UK, in close collaboration with the Head of Communications, CMB UK
- Work collaboratively with the wider UK Communications team, in particular the CMB UK Communications team and will provide guidance to country communications teams on the local execution of the UK and CMB UK media relations strategy
- Actively engage with functional and business peers to build and safeguard the reputation of HSBC in the UK, including in-depth understanding and risk escalation of business and customers trends that could impact the business' reputation and performance
- Support HSBC's corporate social media activity and a consistent approach to external communications for HSBC UK
- Confidently handle potential issues where HSBC UK may be portrayed unfavorably in the media, anticipate and identify issues that may have an impact on the country and provide insight, analysis and counsel to senior managers, the Head of Media Relations, HSBC UK and the Head of Communcations, CMB UK
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Sufficient credibility to represent HSBC with key country/regional media
- Considerable experience in media relations, ideally on a National basis
- Strong storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear, engaging narrative
- Strong presentation skills with understanding of board level requirements
- Knowledge of the financial service industry and global marketplace advantageous
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and pressurised situations
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000AGMZ.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80936966