Residential Support Worker
I am currently working with one of our clients, one of the UK's Leading specialist care providers for Children & Young Adults with Learning disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Conditions. A fantastic employer and one of the UK's most innovative and forward thinking Residential, Educational and Supported Living Services across the country.
My client's site is a residential centre within the community for up to 6 adults with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour. The client provides care assistant and residential support worker for young adults aged 18 years and over, who have a range of learning disabilities, autism, communication difficulties, challenging behaviours, mental health and other complex needs.
We are looking for Care Assistant or Residential support workers who can demonstrate compassion, empathy and a person-centred approach to caring for the people in their care.
You will be providing personal care to residents as well as supporting them in a wide range of learning, development and social activities including arts and crafts, cookery, music, gardening, swimming, shopping trips and social occasions around the Herefordshire area
- To successfully complete the Care Certificate.
- To support the personalised development of each Resident.
- To respect the dignity and individuality of each Resident.
- To ensure a high standard of personal care for each Resident, including matters of physical wellbeing and personal hygiene.
- To be aware of the emotional needs and aspirations of each Resident.
- To undertake Keyworker responsibility for individual residents.
- To work on a rostered shift system inclusive of some evening and weekend work.
- To work within the residential environment providing developmental support to residents.
The role will involve working a combination of early and late shifts totalling 37.5 per week over a 3-week rolling rota, including some weekends.
If you have the right values for this organisation, you will be supported by a programme of continuous training, learning and development, including the care certificate and NVQ level 3 in health and social care.
My client is dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas of work, education and care. We are committed to safeguarding those in our care, all employees are required to obtain an Enhanced DBS (formally CRB) and follow safeguarding policy and practice.
If this vacancy is of interest to you please forward an up to date copy of your CV via the APPLY button or where directed, if you wish to discuss in confidence please call a member of the Care2Recruit team on 01905 382670.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80945131