Transformation PMO Manager (3 days/week)
If you want to do something meaningful and have a passion for delivering amazing business outcomes, we have need for a PMO Manager to help govern the Group Transformation Change Portfolio, a significant change agenda that reaches right across our business.
You will need to be familiar with programme and project delivery lifecycles, which also means the full suite of change management disciplines, from vision, scope and requirements to status reporting, implementation and risk management. You'll be comfortable working across a wide business portfolio of change, overseeing accurate reporting on a diverse range of Transformational programmes spanning the entire business. You'll need to feel comfortable assessing the health of some of our most significant investment programmes and feeding back areas of concern and improvement plans to senior Programme Leadership and Sponsorship in a concise, clear and insightful manner.
We are looking for an individual who is alert to connections between information and activities within separate Programmes, highlighting dependencies, risks and opportunities that they may be unaware of in their own spheres of activity. You will also be on the lookout for best practice to share from one programme to another.
This role is specifically on a job share basis with an existing team member, so we are looking for those interested in carrying out this role for 3 days per week. This will require close working, coordination and flexibility with this individual.
- Build and embed a group wide PMO office capability and drive the implementation of leading PMO capabilities across STW to provide an objective view of the progress and health of our major change initiatives
- Create papers and updates to the Executive Committee and Board, highlighting key areas for focus and decisions required
- Maintain the Group Transformation aggregate plan, tracking outcome milestones, adding new plans as programmes launch, and objectively reporting on successes or deviations
- Maintain the prioritised view of our pipeline and launched projects, working with the leadership team to restructure
- Efficient and effective governance:
- Operate the Group Transformation Governance Calendar, ensuring Programme and Portfolio Steering Groups align to facilitate rapid flow of information up to senior sponsors
- Share and coach in the use of reporting templates and other standardised key control documentation
- Lead the Programme and Project centre of Excellence:
- Draw out lessons learned and instil best practice in programmes around their key control areas
- Play an active role in development of the wider Transformation teams' change capability, including arranging training and skills assessments
- Line manage and develop PMO analysts and planners in the Group Transformation team who will:
- Carry out and report on Project Programme health checks
- Prepare for cross -business portfolio management meetings
- Be deployed directly onto our largest transformation programmes in a specialist PMO capacity, or working full time in the central Group PMO
- Lead the satellite PMOs in standards of practice and reporting
- Recruit PMO resources (permanent or contracted) to ensure the PMO service offering is of a consistently high standard
- In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
- Previous experience of setting up and running a PMO function*
- Experience in governing large projects/programmes in a complex operating environment
- Demonstrated ability to embed learning from projects delivered into the next phase of launches
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise programme and project managers
- Demonstrable knowledge of programme and project management approaches
- Commercially and financially aware
- Experience in influencing senior leadership and gaining commitment to change and the business readiness activities needed to make it successful
- Experience of leading through change
- Experience in using a portfolio management tool is desirable
Severn Trent benefits include:
- Salary of up to £66,000
- Up to 20% bonus
- 2 for 1 Pension contribution
- 31 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
- Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
We are based in the heart of Coventry City Centre, only a short walk to the local train / bus stations.
Our new refreshing site also offers fantastic facilities with an onsite Costa coffee and canteen who cater for all needs. Discounted parking is also available within 10 minute walk of the offices.
Who are we?
We're a FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1million people across the Midlands and into north and mid-Wales. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to be building a lasting water legacy.
Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. And we'll achieve that by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving operational excellence and continuous innovation, investing responsibly for sustainable growth, changing the market for the better and creating an awesome place to work.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80934494