Childrens support Worker
Role: Support Worker Children Residential
Contract: Full Time Contract
Salary: starting £15,600 plus Sleep in allowance £4,200 = £20,000 up to £16,600 plus Sleep in allowance £4,200 = £21,000 (range dependent on experience, salary will increase on a salary scale once employed)
Overview- Support Worker Children Residential
I am recruiting for one of Safehands prestigious clients based near Monmouthshire Area
The organization are recruiting for a number of Senior Support Worker in a residential setting working with children to play an integral part of the multi disciplinary team supporting children who have a range of complex needs including Emotional Behavioral Difficulties, ASD, Challenging Behavior, who have potentially already been within the care system between residential and fostering placements.
You will be working within a breath taking scenic rural setting in an environment that has been specifically adapted and beautifully decorated to ensure the warmest homely, therapeutic environment.
With the support of an experienced, passionate and knowledgeable Registered Manager, you will have the autonomy to develop your knowledge and skills set along with the ability to progress your career with access to QCF level 3 & 5 in children & young people.
Responsibilities of a Support Worker - Residential
- To be supportive, respectful, non-judgmental and patient at all times.
- To be able to demonstrate empathy and understanding to behavior that challenge during high levels of anxiety.
- To act in a parental role to in still stability and consistently to offer a secure an safe environment for the children to begin rehabilitation along with being able to establish firm and fair boundaries.
- The ability to work as part of a team with strong communication skills.
- Promoting the importance of participation in education, social activities, maintaining relationships with friends and family.
- Liaising with external health care professionals including social services, GP's & therapists.
- To support the children to maintain safe contact with family to improve relationships and promote reunification plans along side social workers.
- Ensure all duties are completed on a daily basis to the highest of standards.
- To ensure all paperwork is completed to ofsted regulations.
Person specific for Support Worker - Residential
- Due to the location of the residential setting and the amount of social activities a clean driving licence with 3 years experience is essential.
- Flexibility to work shift patterns.
- Aged 23 and over.
- NVQ level 3 in Children & Young People preferred.
Features & Benefits for a Support Worker - Residential
- Access to QCF level 3 & 5 in children and Young people.
- 25 days Holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
- Immediate entry into the company Pension Scheme with company contribution.
- SMART Childcare Vouchers - A tax efficient salary sacrifice scheme with vouchers paid for reducing your gross salary.
- Just drive scheme - A salary sacrifice scheme that delivers you a brand new car (insured, fully serviced and maintained) while saving Tax & National Insurance on your monthly payments.
- Benefits for you - Over 8,000 retailers to choose from, offering a wide range of discounts, high street vouchers and gift cards, online vouchers and cashback offers.
- Within the healthcare division, enhanced Maternity pay in line with NHS.
If this exciting role is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call Sarah-Jane Phillips on or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80951674