Digital Trading Merchandiser - Tu
Working with the wider Trading team to deliver successful commercial results through optimisation of the digital customer experience, driven by analytics and targeting sales, conversion and digital participation. Ensuring the successful day to day trading of the clothing category through site merchandising and optimisation of customer journey.
- Deliver successful results through smart digital trading of key category priorities and optimisation of the customer experience.
- Lead digital projects that will grow the performance of the clothing category. Ensure all requirements are fed in, planned and delivered on time.
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Trading teams across Sainsbury's and Argos, to understand the Commercial Trading and Online Strategies for the coming year. Create category plans to align with the trading strategy and contribute to its success.
- Build collaborative relationships with the Trading, Promotions, Marketing and wider Digital Teams across Sainsbury's/Argos. Regularly communicate with these teams to inform and influence future commercial activity
- Use analytics and customer insight to inform category plans and feed into a continuous improvement plan of your areas
- Coach and develop the wider Trading team ensuring Digital excellence and training, to enable them to meet their targets across Sales/Conversion/Participation.
- Owning the customer journey, working with analytics to provide best customer outcome, continuously reviewing and suggesting improvements to the website
- Checking the website has been executed accurately and addressing any errors quickly and efficiently informing relevant stakeholders as necessary
- Two days per week working in Milton Keynes
What I need to know
- Computer Literate in Microsoft packages - Intermediate excel skills
- An understanding of online clothing market and how it is evolving to identify opportunities and challenges
- Being able to adapt to change - working in a fast paced online environment
- Capable of influencing to a senior level across the wider Digital teams & operating companies that constitute Sainsbury's Argos while appreciating the differing cultures & priorities prevalent.
- Experience of effectively building relationships with external agencies, suppliers, & external organisations up to senior management level.
- A keen eye for detail with quantitative and qualitative data - Accurate and diligent
- Highly developed communication ad interpersonal skills, comfortable with ambiguity and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work well as part of a team and under pressure
- Building great working relationships with colleagues cross functionally
- Role model Sainsbury's values & champion online within the organisation