Events Co-ordinator - freight forwarding
My client, a leading global freight forwarder, is looking to recruit an Events Co-ordinator to be based at the NEC in Birmingham.
Role: Events Co-ordinator - freight forwarding
Location: NEC, Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: up to £28k plus bonus (up to £6k) healthcare and pension
Industry: Freight Forwarding/Airfreight/Seafreight/Oceanfreight/Exhibition Freight/Fairs & Events
- Dealing with basic freight forwarding issues and sudden challenges during the process.
- Communicating with a large variety of clientele.
- Providing support and occasional manual support at venues to move/handle cargo to the right location.
- Handling the logistics from start to finish for individual events.
- Prioritising and working towards fixed deadlines in a pressurised Just in Time environment.
- Working with accounts department on credit control
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience working in an International Freight Forwarding environment.
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Great communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Excellent co-ordination skills
- Full driving licence