Food & Beverage Assistant
Food & Beverage Assistant
As a Food and Beverage Assistant you’ll be at the heart of busy restaurant life. No two days are ever the same - from breakfast, lunch and dinner to evening room service, we offer around the clock service to satisfy appetites. Being in a customer-facing role means being on show: we want you to look smart and exude confidence so our guests feel they’re in safe hands. It’s a great role for meeting people, so good communication skills and a genuine interest in guest conversation will help to boost your job satisfaction, as well as quietly securing repeat business.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure that guests who visit any Food and Beverage departments are delivered optimum service, by going the extra mile.
GENERIC KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To take pride in everything I do.
- To consistently deliver outstanding hospitality.
- To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests.
- To be an ambassador for the MacDonald Brand.
- To take ownership for my personal development and performance.
- To contribute to the overall effectiveness and performance of my team.
- To consistently deliver MacDonald core standards which are relevant to my role.
- To maintain a safe and clean environment.
- To take responsibility for understanding our products and services.
- To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience.
- To use feedback to improve my personal performance whilst activity encouraging feedback from others.
- To give my full to support to company initiatives.
- To complete and act upon training (including statutory) in line with company policy and procedures.
- To follow all processes assigned to my role ensuring full compliance.
- To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent me from delivering on agreed processes.
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in my department.
- To have an awareness and understanding of operational costs related to the performance of my job role.
- To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience.
- Be aware of department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS).
- To promote the products and services to our guest at every opportunity.
- Spot and act on every opportunity for sales.
- To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To have a full and up to date knowledge of all hotel products and services. And show confidence in making recommendations.
- To ensure food and beverage are clean and ready for service at all times.
- Provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere to all Guests.
- To provide an efficient and friendly table service where applicable.
- To maximise selling opportunities by adding customer value at every opportunity.
- To handle complaints promptly and professionally.
- To demonstrate a working knowledge of fire prevention and to follow the hotel evacuation plan on hearing the alarm.
- To be security conscious with respect to guests/staff/hotel/ property/welfare and to report suspicious circumstances to GSM/DM.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times and to ensure designated uniform is worn at all times, by self and team.
- To co-operate and communicate with colleagues, and Management to ensure effective department teamwork and high morale.
- To attend any meetings, training sessions or courses that may be beneficial to you and your department.
- To follow any procedures set up for energy conservation.
- In accordance with MacDonald Hotel’s core standards define the minimum standards that should apply to all areas of the Food and Beverage Service operations, and to ensure that they are consistently maintained.
- To actively promote a customer focused approach within the Food and Beverage Department, leading by example.
- To create a team environment maintaining a high level of motivation and commitment within the department.
- To ensure effective communication between all departments within the hotel.
- To conduct stock takes with the Restaurant and Bar Manager and investigate any anomalies.
- To ensure security of all stock and equipment.
- To ensure that the all food and beverage service areas and equipment is maintained in a clean, hygienic and safe condition, reporting any faults to maintenance.
- To comply with all regulations within MacDonald Hotels Food Safety Policy and Health and Safety Policy manual.
- To ensure effective communication within the team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending meetings when required.
- To ensure expenditure is controlled in accordance with guidelines and within budget.
- To ensure that all items/materials purchased are strictly controlled financially in order to maximise profits in order to achieve departmental budgets.
- To input all items requested onto Micros, present correct billing and take payment correctly.
- To be proactive in selling and up serving, demonstrating being the value of being obsessed with sales.
- Have total awareness and understanding of H&S and food hygiene procedures relating to all F&B departments.
- Thorough knowledge of legalities of selling alcohol and licensing rules.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- Brand standard audits
- Health & Safety checks
- Guest feedback
- Mystery guest
- AA inspection outcome
- PSN audits
- EHO reports
- Financial performance