Registered Care Home Manager - RGN RMN RNLD
Job Title: Registered General Manager (Registered nurse)
Location: Kings Heath, Birmingham
Salary: £50,000 (Depending on experience) + Additional Benefits and Bonus Scheme
Facility Size: 30 beds.
Working within an outstanding service providing rehabilitation and independence to six, ten bedded units, this nurse-led facility is looking for an experienced manager to progress the service forward. Registered Managers are vital in the daily running of the facility - you'll be working closely with the clinical nurse managers and other members of staff to ensure the care provided is of the highest quality. While the role is very much a managerial position, as a role model and leader to the service, there may be times you will be delivering hands on care, so as an example to more junior members of staff, you must have up to date clinical knowledge with a valid NMC Pin.
The facility provides outstanding rehabilitation care for working adults with complex health needs, including Neuro-rehab, Brain injury and enduring mental health needs. The site provides individualised care for each service user, incorporating personalised input and choice enablement whenever possible. Life skills and activities such as arts and crafts, baking and day trips all promote social inclusion and development.
While the role does come with responsibilities, the attributes needed for this role above all are hard-working, a positive attitude and a great sense of humour! Continuing the great atmosphere already established is a very important part of making this role a success, and we are definitely looking for someone to proceed to make the facility a fun place to work!
The induction into the company is outstanding, with the support followed up from day 1, when you will be within a classroom environment, completing a comprehensive induction program. You will have genuine career development opportunities to step up from this role.
- Preferably Nurse Qualified with Current NMC Pin (but not essential)
- Profit and Loss experience
- Previous management experience
- Have an approachable and driven approach - you will be leading from the front.
- Hold a "good" or "outstanding" CQC report.
As a Manager, you are given complete autonomy within the role - working closely with senior management within the facility, you are responsible for making the home a success which covers varies areas within the site, including:
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Managing budgets, ensuring that costs are controlled and that the home is profitable
- Ensuring compliance with regulations
- Working with regulatory bodies and local placing authorities
- Conducting pre-admission assessments and completing costings for prospective admissions
- Creating and developing strong relationships - internal and external
- Leading and motivating your team
- Recruiting other passionate members of staff, employee relations and other people related issues
Please send all up-dated CVs to or call on to learn more, and have a confidential conversation.