SF Group are recruiting for a Production Planner to join a well known business located in Castle Donington. The Production Planner is to be appointed on a permanent basis.
We are looking for an experienced Production Planner who is ideally from a manufacturing background.
You will be employed to report directly to the Operations Manager to coordinate production scheduling, ensure compliance to customer delivery deadlines and to improve the company's overall production efficiency.
The Production Planner will do the following;
- Liaises with internal sales/production to determine customer requirements
- Predicts how long a project will take to complete
- Develops a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed by to meet predicted completion date
- Liaises with purchasing, production and despatch to ensure all materials will be available when required
- Monitors projects progress to ensure it's following the schedule
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during production relating to material /stock availability.
- Monitors production efficiency and raw material stock availability
- Collects and assesses data about the production and team's performance
- Prepares reports about production processes for management and suggests ways to improve efficiency through effective planning
- Manages the MRP system data to ensure it reflects reality
- Ability to see beyond the day to day
- Attend and contribute to daily production meetings
- Initiate and coordinate stock taking and collation of data input to MRP system
- Ability to liaise with external suppliers to balance supply against forecasted demand
The ideal candidate will be have previously worked in production planning role within a high volume manufacturing environment and have the ability to understand and react to wider business needs and demonstrate a good understanding of other business functions.
Excellent communication skills are essential for this role as you will be required to communicate with all operations at all levels across the business. In addition, the successful applicant will have strong numerical and analytical skills, strong IT skills (particularly excel), be able to work on their own initiative and will not afraid of taking a challenge.
An attractive numeration package based on qualifications and experience will be available for the successful applicant.
You get free parking, pension scheme, free life insurance, in house training and support, 24 days holiday + stats, £25,000 per annum.