Control & Instrumentation Technician - Shrewsbury - Monday - Friday - £40,000 and benefits package - Fantastic Pension available
Are you an experienced Control & Instrumentation Technician, with an experience in a Continuous Process environment? Have you maintained a sites PLC/DCS and SCADA solutions?
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a next step in your career!
A multinational corporation that specialises in Environmental Solutions, from Waste collection to Energy and Water solutions
Multi Million pound worldwide turnover across various products and markets
Providing Environmental solutions, to effectively and efficiently manage residential, commercial and industrial environmental requirements
Our client provide to a huge range of markets, including Retail, Process Industries and commercial properties.
Based in Shrewsbury
Advancing your career
- Fantastic opportunities to progress professionally and personally, with the possibility to gain some fantastic experience in a different environment
Securing your future
- Excellent Pension plan - Contributions can be adjusted and will be matched by the Company.
- Fantastic salary on offer
Work life balance
- 33 days holiday
- 40 hour weeks
- Mon - Fri
- Carry out calibration, fault finding, and PPM of all plant control and instrumentation systems, with project work throughout the year
- Working in conjunction with the EC&I Team to ensure the maintenance and repair of all associated control & instrumentation equipment is completed to include DCS and other SCADA based equipment.
- Meet with operational requirements of the facility and implement modifications and plant enhancement programmes,
- Working autonomously on stand-alone projects, identify and rectify faults and fault-find and repair existing plant C&I equipment.
- Manage the delivery of work by sub-contractors and assist with ensuring that C&I maintenance procedures are carried out
- In addition, assist with ensuring that reports relating to plant C&I breakdown, repair, general maintenance and fault diagnosis are compiled, recorded and archived.
- Ensure the upkeep of all records associated with the C&I maintenance of the selchp plant and equipment. This will include the SAP computerised maintenance management system and all statutory examination records
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- MUST HAVE an apprenticeship in an EC&I field
- You will be a qualified C&I maintenance Technician with proven experience of maintenance and repair in an Process environment, as well as knowledge of PPM
- You will possess good fault finding ability, with a thorough knowledge of plant processes and systems, be computer literate with an ability to plan and report on activities and projects
- You will also need to possess hands on experience of instrumentation and experience of dismantling and reassembling systems
- You will have knowledge of current health and safety regulations associated with electrical control equipment and systems, and general maintenance activities
- The knowledge of CEMS equipment is required, and knowledge and experience of combustion control systems would be an advantage
- You will have a broad knowledge of PLC and Industrial Electronic Control Systems and be able to demonstrate innovative solutions to problems, together with a strong ability to directly implement technical solutions
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer