Deputy Finance Manager
Deputy Finance Manager (9 Month Fixed term contract)
Competitive salary available
Cobalt is delighted to be mandated on sourcing a 9-month FTC for one of the most prestigious and well-known property management agencies. This is a brilliant opportunity for either a professional contractor or a finance professional from out of the industry to get into the world of property management accounts.
The overall purpose of this role is to manage and participate in the day to day processes and monthly reporting on a large telecoms client and be part of a cohesive and well-balanced team within Property Management Accounts and Corporate Accounting.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Managing a team including one to ones, personal development and appraisals
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, including accruals, prepayments, intercompany adjustments and balance sheet schedules for client entities, including overall management of month end process.
- Month-end analysis of rent, rates, VSR expenditure and rent, rates income on a trend basis and against budget/forecast.
- Sign off the control and balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations providing high-level commentary on movement and highlighting risk/opportunities.
- Cash management - cash forecasts, funding requests and proactive monitoring of cash levels against forecast payments.
- Ensure all KPI and delivery deadlines are met.
- Deliver additional ad hoc reports as required by the client.
- Liaising with the client to identify requirements whilst managing expectations.
- Coordinating the inputs from all teams to ensure accurate reporting.
- Ensure accurate & timely database updates.
- Deliver the Property Management Accounts monthly targets to company standards, ensuring compliance is maintained.
- Continual reviews of processes, systems & controls to ensure that quality assurance is being adhered to.
Desired Knowledge, skills & experience
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work and prioritise accordingly
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders; Surveyors, Accounting team, Rates team, Support Teams and Data Team as well as a number of people from the client
- High level of IT knowledge including advanced knowledge of excel, ability to deal with and manipulate large quantities of data
- Autonomy and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good work ethic with an energetic approach
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute in a positive manner to the overall performance of the team
- Flexibility and commitment to completing the task in hand
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Qualified with ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Confidence to deal with all levels of seniority
Please apply online with your most recent CV. To discuss this role in more detail, please call James Griffiths on .