Distribution Centre Manager, Tamworth, £70,000 Car benefits
Distribution Centre Manager/General Manager. We are recruiting for an experienced General Manager/Distribution Centre Manager. Joining the Senior Management Team, as the Distribution Centre Manager/General Manager you will report directly into the Regional Operations Manager. You will provide overall leadership for all aspects of the warehouse and distribution (transport) operation, full budgetary control as well as supporting the overall requirements of the Distribution Centre.
This demanding but exciting role requires the successful applicant to be experienced in the management of all aspects of a fast-paced warehouse and transport operational environment and be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of transport legislation and its application within a multi drop operation.
Applicants will posses exceptional leadership skills, leading through engagement, motivation and inspiration. In addition to this, your previous experience working as a Distribution Centre Manager/General Manager will including working within a FMCG environment where you will be able to evidence your ability to lead operational teams through transformational periods of change, with a focus on site and team performance and process improvements.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To lead and engage the Distribution Centre team to deliver continued business performance.
- In line with the Company and Regional plan, responsible for creating the strategic direction for the depot and translating this in to a working operational plan to create a "best in class" distribution operation.
- Must display the ability to lead people with tact, diplomacy & maturity and posses the personal drive to inspire others to reach the goals as set out in the strategic and operational plans.
- Accountable for the leadership and management of the site on a day-to-day basis
- Responsible for developing and leading a Health & Safety culture. Including adherence to all Health & Safety and Legal obligations and adherence to Company policies and procedures
- Responsible for understanding and reacting to customers needs whilst maintaining all elements of the customer contractual agreement.
- Responsible for budgetary control and KPI delivery
- Create and support training and development for management team, building a robust succession plan for all critical roles.
- Lead a multi-disciplined workforce through a lean management structure.
- Engage and manage internal stakeholder relationships with the regional support functions, colleagues within logistics and corporate sales and other relevant group support departments.
- To be actively involved in specified project management as requested by the Regional Operations Manager/Director
- Be a brand ambassador with all internal and external stakeholders
- Support the Company mission in "helping businesses who serve food to thrive"
Demonstrable leadership experience, including but not limited to:
- Ability to create a strategic plan and translate this into transactional activities.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a multi disciplined team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels both internally & externally.
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Be resilient under pressure and demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to deliver commercial results when confronted with unforeseen work demands.
- Be able to act on own initiative and engage senior leadership team and key stakeholders in the value and logic of strategic and tactical business proposals.
- Embrace and role model Brakes values.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- 7 years general management experience within a distribution environment
- 3 years senior leadership experience
- Full understanding of current commercial vehicle legislation
- Experience of managing rapid growth within a business
- Experience of leading a team through periods of transformational change
- CILT membership
- CPC qualified
The Regional Operations Manager is looking for a individual who also has the following experience: